Are you energized by others? Do you find yourself ALWAYS trying to put a smile on someone’s face? Do you consider pairing the perfect cup of coffee with the most delicious healthy bite a daily WIN?! If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
Primary is NYC’s newest and coolest spot for wellness-minded co-working. Our space includes 60+ offices, a fitness studio, and a full-service cafe and espresso bar. Our motto is “you work best when you feel great” and we pride ourselves on providing all the amenities necessary to do just that.
Primary baristas are extraordinary at interacting with people. They are extremely detail oriented and have an innate desire to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of members of the Primary community. They are directly responsible for creating and serving a dazzling assortment of beverages and delicious healthy food and putting a smile on each customer’s face. They are also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees, teas, baked goods, and snacks.
We are looking for somebody who has a passion for coffee as well as experience in quality espresso preparation and service. Baristas will preferably have previous experience in specialty coffee and show initiative to adapt to a new environment and thrive in a non-chain high-quality cafe environment.
Specific Duties (included though not limited to):
- Ensuring that all customers are educated on our cafe offerings and services
- Maintaining the highest quality standards, consistent with the Primary brand.
- Participation in barista training and education
- Greeting all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with members by learning their names, favorite beverages, food items, etc.
- Accurately ringing sales orders into POS system
- Maintaining efficient, friendly service at all times
- Rotating stock and organizing inventory when necessary
- Maintaining a clean and presentable coffee bar and cafe area
- Willingness to work special events, as needed.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- You must posses a New York State Food Handler Certificate (or you must complete the training course within one month of start date)
- References from a recent job must be available (we will check them!)
- You must be near-compulsive about cleaning, side work, and related inventory.
To apply, please respond with the following to [email protected]
- a paragraph detailing why you will be the right person for the job
The barista position is part-time (15-20 hours per week) with an opportunity to grow. Compensation is competitive per hour.